The Risotto & Arancini Class | Thurs Feb 1Hands on, interactive cooking class
Cost:$135.00 per ticket
About this experience
Pasta might be the stereotypical first course of Italian cooking outside of the country, but in many areas of the Northern Italy risotto is just as popular. And although it's not a native Italian crop, rice has been cultivated in the peninsula for over 500 years, and today Italy is the biggest rice producing country in Europe.
Some people find it a little intimidating because there are few tricks to making risotto correctly, but it's surprisingly simple to make once you've mastered them, and that's what tonight's class is all about!
During this hands-on, interactive class chef Stefano will show you everything you need to know to make a great risotto ... including how to turn your leftovers into delicious arancini (rice balls) the next day!
Things you'll learn about:
• Tostatura - how to "toast" your risotto at the beginning of the process
• Brodo e soffritto - how to make simple, homemade broths and mirepoix that'll up your risotto game
• Man mano - gradually adding your broth until the rice is cooked just right
• Mantecare - the finishing techniques that gives your risotto that rich, creamy texture
• Arborio, Carnaroli, Vialone Nano - varieties of risotto you can choose from
Once the cooking portion of the class is done, we'll sit down to enjoy the food we have prepared together at a large harvest table.
Mini arancini - Meat and vegetarian rice balls
Risotto ai funghi misti - Risotto made with a blend of fresh mushrooms, with dried porticini added for depth of flavour
Risotto con bietole e salsiccia - Swiss chard and sausage risotto
Insalata mista - Seasonal mixed green salad
Bicchierini di ricotta al caffè – Coffee-ricotta crema cups, topped with whipped cream and shaved chocolate
A selection of wines, beers and soft drinks will be available for purchase at the event. Our wine list can be viewed here: https://cucinato.ca/collections/wines
We also offer corkage, the fee is $15 per bottle.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• No refunds after purchase
• Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
• Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but please notify Cucinato in advance!)
• We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking