Tastes of Rome Cooking Class | JAN 9Virtual Cooking Class with chef Gianluca Ruggieri
Cost:$50.00 per ticket
About this experience
If you know anything about our Mercato chef Gianluca Ruggieri, you know he comes from Rome and he's very passionate about his home town. Especially Roman cooking!
So brace yourself for a treat this evening as Gianluca shows the authentic way to prepare three classic Roman dishes:
Spaghetti alla carbonara - Traditional Roman pasta dish made our house-made fresh spaghetti, Pecorino Romano and guanciale
Broccoli in padella alla romana - Classic Italian side dish, Romanesco broccoli prepared au gratin with a dash of peperoncino
Pollo alla romana (con peperoni) - Chicken with sweet peppers, tomato and herbs
Plus, if you order our optional INGREDIENT KIT we'll send you small pizza romana to snack on while we cook!
HOW IT WORKS
- Tickets are per household (not per person)
- We will send you recipes, instructions, and language learning materials 3 days prior to the event
- You can buy your own ingredients; or order the INGREDIENT KIT from Cucinato (each kit is for two people)
- If you order the recipe kit, you have the option, of (a) home delivery or (b) pickup from our studio (1338 Lansdowne Ave at St Clair West) on Friday, November 27
- Wine, pantry or prepared dishes may be added from our weekly Mercato
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
- 2-3 pans
- Large pot for pasta
- Passione! (Passion, especially for Italian cooking!)
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase.
- Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but you must notify Cucinato in advance!)
Full of talent, creativity and infectious enthusiasm, Gianluca is a young chef from Rome who recently joined our team as Cucinato Mercato chef, culinary instructor, and event host. And we couldn’t be happier!
Gianluca has been cooking since he was a child and as he grew, he realized food was his calling. He worked in various restaurants in Italy early in his career before landing a job at the 5-star luxury JK Place, where he worked under the guidance of Chef Antonio Martucci, his mentor to this day. Chef Antonio taught Gianluca a lot about fine dining, and more importantly, about dedication to his craft. Now Gianluca is excited to bring his passion for learning, creative expression and teaching others to Toronto, where he hopes to share a taste of the authentic Roman way of life!