Risotto and Arancini Class | Wed Feb 22Hands on, interactive cooking class
Cost:$125.00 per ticket
About this experience
In many parts of Northern Italy, risotto just as popular as pasta, yet outside of Italy it's much less appreciated.
That's unfortunate because risotto is not only delicious and nutritious, but like pasta, it's extremely versatile - you can pair it with almost anything! And with dietary restrictions becoming more and more common, it's an added bonus that it's also gluten free!
During tonight's hands-on, interactive class chef Stefano will show you everything you need to know to make a great risotto, and even how to turn your leftovers into delicious arancini (rice balls) the next day!
Things you'll learn about:
• Tostatura - how to "toast" your risotto at the beginning of the process
• Brodo e soffritto - how to make simple, homemade broths and mirepoix that'll up your risotto game!
• Man mano - gradually adding your broth until the rice is cooked just right
• Mantecare - the finishing techniques that gives your risotto that rich, creamy texture
• Arborio, Carnaroli, Vialone Nano - varieties of risotto you can choose from
Mini arancini - meat and vegetarian rice balls
Risotto ai funghi misti - Risotto made with a blend of fresh mushrooms, with dried porticini added for depth of flavour
Risotto con bietole e salsiccia - Swiss chard and sausage risotto
Insalata mista - Seasonal mixed green salad
Torta caprese bianca - White chocolate cake
A selection of wines, beers and soft drinks will be available for purchase at the event.
We also offer corkage, the fee is $15 per bottle.
In most cases we can accommodate dietary restrictions, but please contact us before booking to confirm.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• No refunds after purchase
• Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
• Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but please notify Cucinato in advance!)