Italian Wedding Cookies Baking Class | July 26Live, Interactive Virtual Cooking Class Via Zoom
Location:Virtual (via Zoom)
Cost:$80.00 per person
About this experience
If you grew up in a big Italian family you know summer is wedding season, and whether you're celebrating at a castello in southern Italy or a banquet hall here in Toronto, somebody's zia's going to show up with a heaping tray of these delicious, classic Italian cookies!
In honour of the season, our resident baking expert Anna Sottile (owner of Italy at Home) will show you how to make four of her favourite holiday cookies. We'll work together to make batches of each cookie, so you'll have plenty to enjoy after the class!
Recipes We'll Make During the Class
- Amaretti - No Italian festa would be complete without these chewy, almond flour cookies.
- Biscotti all’arancia - Fluffy drop cookies sweetened with orange juice with crackled icing sugar tops.
- Mezzelune - “crescent moons” made with walnuts and almonds, then rolled in icing sugar.
How it Works
- Minimum 2 tickets per order
- Ingredients and recipes will be delivered to your home the day of the event
- A Zoom link will be emailed to you prior to the event
- Feel free to add wine or pantry items from our Mercato to your order, we’ll deliver those too!
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase.
- Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but you must notify Cucinato in advance!)
Anna Sottile is the owner / founder of Italy at Home, a gourmet Italian shop specializing in home-made, traditional confections (“Nonna cookies”) and artisanal Italian products: olive oils, preserves, pastas, chocolates, panettone and much more. Italy at Home specializes in beautifully crafted gift arrangements so it’s a great place to visit throughout the year for all your gifting needs!