Homemade Pizza Class (Virtual) | Jan 14Hands-on, Interactive Cooking Class Via Zoom
Cost:$50.00 per ticket
About this experience
Join us for this special virtual version of chef Bruno di Sarno's ever-popular pizza class, recently chosen by Toronto Life as one of the city’s best cooking classes!
Pizza is in Bruno's blood - he grew up in Naples, the birthplace of pizza, and today he works as a chef, pizza-maker and culinary instructor here in Toronto.
Bruno will teach you everything you need to know about how to make amazing pizza in the comfort of your own home - and you don’t need a fancy pizza oven or expensive equipment to do it!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to select and work with the best raw materials
- The proper way to knead, ferment and bake the dough
- Classic Italian combinations like Margherita, Diavolo & Funghi
HOW IT WORKS / SAFETY
- Tickets are per household (not per person)
- We will send you recipes, instructions, and language learning materials 3 days prior to the event
- You can buy your own ingredients; or order the INGREDIENT KIT from Cucinato (each kit is for two people)
- If you order the recipe kit, you have the option, of (a) home delivery or (b) pickup from our studio (1338 Lansdowne Ave at St Clair West) on the day of the class
- Wine, pantry or prepared dishes may be added from our weekly Mercato
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase.
- Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but you must notify Cucinato in advance!)
PIZZA CLASS INGREDIENT KIT ---> CLICK HERE!
ABOUT CHEF BRUNO DI SARNO
Bruno’s culinary journey began in his mother’s kitchen in Naples. From an early age he admired her daily cooking for family and friends, always with joy and skill, and to this day she remains his inspiration.
By the age of 14 Bruno was working in kitchens and studying at one of Italy’s oldest culinary schools, Ippolito Cavalcanti. In 1999 his career led him to London, England, where he worked in a number of Michelin Star restaurants before immigrating to Australia, where he worked as a chef and master pizza maker, and where he met his wife, Elizabeth.
By 2009 they moved back to Elizabeth’s home in Canada, where Bruno has worked as a chef, pizza maker, culinary consultant and instructor. Today they have a beautiful home in Burlington, with 3 kids, two cats and a dog.