Farm to Table Cooking Class with Frati Farms - Aug Edition | Wed Aug 30Hands on, interactive cooking class
Cost:$130.00 per ticket
About this experience
How often do you get to cook with fresh, local, organic vegetables picked that very day? And to prepare the meal alongside the farmer who grew them?
Join organic grower Enzo Frati (Frati Farms), chef Stefano Agostini (Slow Food Toronto) and Cucinato co-founder Mark Cirillo for this fun, informative, hands-on cooking experience!
Together we will prepare a 3-course meal that brings together classic Italian recipes and fresh seasonal produce from Enzo's farm in Schomberg, Ontario, just one hour north of our studio in Corso Italia.
What you'll learn
• A first hand account of organic farming the GTA area
• Helpful tips for planting, cultivating, harvesting and preserving seasonal produce
• Classic cooking techniques you can adapt for whatever produce is in season
Focaccia - Homemade focaccia with herbs and Enzo's sweet cherry tomatoes
Cavatelli ai broccolini - Rustic semolina pasta with broccolini, breadcrumbs, garlic and chile
Verdure ripiene - Stuffed zucchini and eggplants baked in tomato sauce
Insalata di patate, fagiolini, cipolle rosse e olive - Potato, green bean, red onion and olive salad
Pesche al forno con crema di mascarpone - Baked Ontario peaches with fresh mascarpone cream
The menu may change slightly depending on the weather and availability at time of the class - but you can be sure we'll be preparing the best produce of the season this evening!
A selection of wines, beers and soft drinks will be available for purchase at the event.
We also offer corkage, the fee is $15 per bottle.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• No refunds after purchase
• Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
• Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but please notify Cucinato in advance!)
• We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking