This is the next instalment in our fun series of Italian cooking and language events, cohosted with Italian language school ScuolaScuola!
The idea of Parla Come Mangi is to give adult Italian language-learners a fun opportunity to cook and converse with great Italian chefs, while practicing Italian language skills with fellow students and native Italian hosts from Cucinato and ScuolaScuola.
Tonight we're excited to present the second in a series of Tastes of Rome dinners, hosted by two of our favourite native Romans - Cucinato Mercato chef Gianluca Ruggieri, and ScuolaScuola founder Valentina Cioccari!
As he did last time, Gianluca will help you prepare a special menu of classic Roman dishes, while Valentina provides cultural context and linguistic tips for a deeper appreciation of Roman cuisine, and the Italian language.
Bucatini all'amatriciana - a classic dish in Lazese cuisine, bucatini tossed in a tomato, guanciale and pecorino sauce.
Saltimbocca alla Romana - Veal scalloppine sautéed veal, prosciutto and sage
Insalata verde con Vinaigrette al Melograno - Mixed green salad with apple, cucumber, balsamic reduction, topped with a seasonal pomegranate vinaigrette.
HOW IT WORKS
- Tickets are per household (not per person)
- We will send you recipes, instructions, and language learning materials 3 days prior to the event
- You can buy your own ingredients; or order the Ingredient Kit from Cucinato (each kit is for two people)
- If you order the recipe kit, you have the option, of (a) home delivery or (b) pickup from our studio (1338 Lansdowne Ave at St Clair West) on Friday, November 27
- Wine, pantry or prepared dishes may be added from our weekly Mercato
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
- 2-3 pans
- Large pot for pasta
- Passione! (Passion, especially for Italian cooking!)
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase.
- Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but you must notify Cucinato in advance!)