Parla Come Mangi! Italian Language & Cooking Experience | May 14Virtual Cooking Class with chef Gianluca Ruggieri
Cost:$50.00-$180.00 per ticket
About this experience
Join us for the Spring/Summer instalment in our fun series of Italian cooking and language events, cohosted with Italian language school ScuolaScuola!
The idea of Parla Come Mangi is to give adult Italian language-learners a fun opportunity to cook and converse with great Italian chefs, while practicing Italian language skills with fellow students and native Italian hosts from Cucinato and ScuolaScuola.
Chef Gianluca will help you prepare a delicious menu of Spring/Summer classic dishes that are perfect for this time of year, while ScuolaScuola’s Valentina Cioccari provides cultural context and linguistic tips for a deeper appreciation Italian language and cuisine.
Spaghetti al pesto di cavolo nero e pistacchio - Spaghetti with kale and pistachio pesto
Scaloppine al limone - Light and flavourful, with a touch of zest, chicken cutlets sautéed in lemon.
Insalata di Finocchi e Arance - Also known as "Sicilian Salad" after the region of its origin - fennel, orange, arugula and radicchio salad
HOW IT WORKS
• Tickets are per household (not per person)
• We will send you recipes, instructions, and language learning materials 3 days prior to the event
• You can buy your own ingredients; or order the Ingredient Kit from Cucinato (each kit is for two people)
• If you order the recipe kit, you have the option, of (a) home delivery or (b) pickup from our studio (1338 Lansdowne Ave at St Clair West) on Friday, February 19
• Wine, pantry or prepared dishes may be added from our weekly Mercato
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
• 2-3 pans
• Large pot for pasta
• Knife, cutting board
• Olive oil; salt and pepper
• Passione! (Passion, especially for Italian cooking!)
• We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
• No refunds after purchase.
• Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
• Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but you must notify Cucinato in advance!)
Full of talent, creativity and infectious enthusiasm, Gianluca is a young chef from Rome who recently joined our team as Cucinato Mercato chef, culinary instructor, and event host. And we couldn’t be happier!
Gianluca has been cooking since he was a child and as he grew, he realized food was his calling. He worked in various restaurants in Italy early in his career before landing a job at the 5-star luxury JK Place, where he worked under the guidance of Chef Antonio Martucci, his mentor to this day. Chef Antonio taught Gianluca a lot about fine dining, and more importantly, about dedication to his craft. Now Gianluca is excited to bring his passion for learning, creative expression and teaching others to Toronto, where he hopes to share a taste of the authentic Roman way of life!