Italian Christmas Cooking Class with Gianluca Ruggieri | Dec 12Virtual Cooking Class with chef Gianluca Ruggieri
Cost:$50.00 per ticket
About this experience
In keeping with Christian tradition, most Italians eat fish or seafood for La Vigilia di Natale - the feast Christmas Eve.
The idea is to show abstinence by not eating meat, but as you might imagine, Italians still eat very, very well on the occasion!
In this fun, interactive class with chef Gianluca Ruggieri we'll make two classic Christmas Eve seafood dishes, and a delicious winter salad to accompany the meal.
Spaghetti alle Vongole - Cucinato's housemade bigoli (rustic spaghetti) with clams
Baccalà all Livornese con Patate - A Tuscan classic from the city for Livorno: Cod and potatoes simmered in tomatoes and herbs.
Insalata di Barbabietole - Beet and heritage green salad with goat's cheese and orange citronette
HOW IT WORKS
- Tickets are per household (not per person)
- We will send you recipes, instructions, and language learning materials 3 days prior to the event
- You can buy your own ingredients; or order the Ingredient Kit from Cucinato (each kit is for two people)
- If you order the recipe kit, you have the option, of (a) home delivery or (b) pickup from our studio (1338 Lansdowne Ave at St Clair West) on Friday, November 27
- Wine, pantry or prepared dishes may be added from our weekly Mercato
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
- 2-3 pans
- Pan for baking
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Passione! (Passion for Italian cooking!)
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase.
- Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but you must notify Cucinato in advance!)
Full of talent, creativity and infectious enthusiasm, Gianluca is a young chef from Rome who recently joined our team as Cucinato Mercato chef, culinary instructor, and event host. And we couldn’t be happier!
Gianluca has been cooking since he was a child and as he grew, he realized food was his calling. He worked in various restaurants in Italy early in his career before landing a job at the 5-star luxury JK Place, where he worked under the guidance of Chef Antonio Martucci, his mentor to this day. Chef Antonio taught Gianluca a lot about fine dining, and more importantly, about dedication to his craft. Now Gianluca is excited to bring his passion for learning, creative expression and teaching others to Toronto, where he hopes to share a taste of the authentic Roman way of life!