Olive Oil Tasting & Cooking Class | Thurs Feb 2 - SOLD OUTWith Olive Oil Producer Gaia Massai & Chef Cosimo Ieraci
Cost:$125.00 per ticket
About this experience
November is harvest time for Tuscan olive oil, but by the time it's bottled, labeled, shipped and (always fun!) passes through customs, it's not till after the new year. And when the freshly pressed oil from Gaia's farm finally does arrive, there's no better time for an extra virgin olive oil tasting!
This year we've decided to mix it up a little and add a simple cooking demo to the tasting event, to highlight the best ways to enjoy extra virgin olive oil.
During the structured tasting part of the evening you will sample a selection of oils, and learn:
• How extra virgin olive oil is made
• The taste profile of olive oil
• How the taste differs between varietals, and changes over time
• Health benefits and storage advice
• What to look for when tasting and purchasing olive oil
After the tasting, we will prepare a simple three-course meal together, made up of dishes that show the best ways to enjoy extra virgin olive oil:
Pinzimonio - Italian style crudité
Crostini con bietole e fagioli - Crostini with stewed cannellini beans and Swiss chard
Spiedini alla toscana - Tuscan style chicken and sausage skewers, served with roasted seasonal vegetables
Torta all'olio d'oliva - Orange citrus olive oil cake
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• No refunds after purchase
• Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
• Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but please notify Cucinato in advance!)
• We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking