Fish & Seafood Class | Fri Jan 26Hands on, interactive cooking class
Cost:$145.00 per ticket
About this experience
Join us for a special evening with resident seafood expert Stefano Agostini, a northern Italian chef who comes from a long line of fishmongers in the Veneto region! Stefano is also the director of Slow Food Toronto and a passionate advocate for healthy, sustainable - and delicious! - fish and seafood.
This is your chance to spend a few hours with Stefano in an interactive, small group setting and have all your questions about fish and seafood answered!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
• 3 great new recipes (see menu below)
• How to source the freshest, highest quality products
• Advice about different cooking methods (grilling, roasting, poaching, etc)
• Working with fresh versus frozen fish and seafood
• How to debone, scale, fillet a fish
• How to store fish and seafood
• Tips for shopping local and sustainable here in Ontario
Cozze gratinate - Mussels au gratin
Involtini di pesce spada - Sicilian swordfish rolls
Spaghetti alle vongole e bottarga – Sardinian spaghetti with clams and bottarga
Baccalà con patate, olive e capperi - Salted cod stew with potato and olives
Cime di rapa ripassate - Sauteed rapini with garlic and a pinch of peperoncino
Granita al limone - Homemade lemon granita
A selection of wines, beers and soft drinks will be available for purchase at the event. Our wine list can be viewed here: https://cucinato.ca/collections/wines
We also offer corkage, the fee is $15 per bottle.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• No refunds after purchase
• Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
• Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but please notify Cucinato in advance!)
• We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking