Easter Baking Class: La Pastiera & Chocolate Salami | Thurs Apr 6Hands on, interactive baking class
Cost:$95.00 per ticket
About this experience
Join us for a fun, informative, hands-on baking class, where we’ll prepare two great seasonal dessert you can take home and enjoy with friends and family over the Easter holiday weekend! Tonight's class will be hosted by Federico Palazzetti, third generation Italian baker and owner of Freddy's Pies.
The main dessert we'll be making is Italy's most iconic Easter dessert: La Pastiera, an ancient Neapolitan dish whose origins date back to city's Greek period.
La pastiera's fragrant filling, a delectable, semi-sweet blend of wheat berries, ricotta, egg, spices and (optional) candied fruit can take up to three days to prepare. But luckily there’s a way to shorten the process so we can still make it from scratch during this 2.5 hour class. And if you let it rest for a few days, allowing its flavours to fully integrate before enjoying with your Easter meal, your pastiera will taste even better!
And of course it wouldn't be Easter without chocolate - so while our pastiere are baking, we'll show you how to make a quick, delicious, no-bake dessert that's perfect for the season: Chocolate Salami!
- Learn two new seasonal recipes
- Learn to make pasta frolla (shortcrust) from scratch
- Take home your creations to enjoy over the holidays
- All materials you need will for the class will be provided by Cucinato
- A light snack will provided at the beginning of the class (homemade focaccia) - dinner is not included
In most cases we can accommodate dietary restrictions, but please contact us before booking to confirm.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• No refunds after purchase
• Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
• Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but please notify Cucinato in advance!)
Baking is a family business for Federico Palazzetti – according to his parents, he learned how to make dough even before he could even walk! After growing up in the family business, Federico worked in various places in Italy and abroad as a baker and pizza maker, from Milan to Bangkok, before immigrating to Canada and starting his own business, Freddie’s Pies.