Cucinato Wine Series: Northern Classics with Gaia Massai & Carolyn Balogh | Thurs Jan 19Italian Wine Tasting & Food Pairings
Cost:$95.00 per ticket
About this experience
Wine tasting events are back at Cucinato Studio! Laid back, fun and interactive - and yes, informative too! - these events will introduce you to some of our favourite Italian wines, and to some of the most interesting Italian wine experts here in Toronto!
Our first tasting of 2023 will be co-hosted by winemaker / Cucinato partner Gaia Massai and sommelier Carolyn Balogh (Noble Estates), and feature classic and lesser known wines from the Northern Italian regions of Veneto and Piemonte.
You'll also enjoy delicious food pairings by chef Cosimo Ieraci!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
• Tasting profiles and production techniques
• Background info about producers, varieties and wine history
• Pairing advice: which foods go best with these wines
And other fun facts that'll help you appreciate these great wines and impress your friends and family with your wine knowledge :)
Wine: Bottega Gold Prosecco, Veneto
Pairings: Homemade crostini di fegatini (liver pate) and roasted beets with goat cheese
Wine: Fallegro Favorita, Piedmont
Pairings: Crocchette di baccalà (cod fritters) with lemon aioli; pizza bianca roasted winter squash, red onion and pancetta
Wine: Vinai Cabernet Sauvignon, Trentino
Pairings: Crostini with taleggio, pear and walnuts; grilled sausage and rapini
Wine: Borgogno Barbera, Piedmont
Pairing: Mushroom truffle gnocchi
Wine: Tedeschi Amarone, Veneto
Pairing: Rotolo di pollo (stuffed chicken) with roasted seasonal veggies
Fior di latte gelato with espresso liqueur
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• No refunds after purchase
• Exchanges (one per ticket) permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
• Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable - you can give them to someone else if you can’t attend (but please notify Cucinato in advance!)
• We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking