Cooking Class: Seasonal Summer Vegetable Dishes
July 9 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$90
Whether they are served as appetizers (antipasti) or side dishes with a main course (contorni), vegetable dishes are an essential part of Italian cuisine.
There are thousands of recipes from every province of Italy, but wherever you go you’ll find traditional ways of preparing whatever’s in season. These recipes are tried and true, simple to follow, and use the highest quality ingredients available.
Tonight executive chef Roberto Fracchione will share some of his favourite vegetable dishes that are perfect for enjoying fresh Ontario produce prepared in traditional Italian ways.
Dishes we will prepare
Asparagi grigliati con parmigiano, pinoli e balsamico – Grilled Asparagus with parmigiano, pine nuts and balsamic
Peperonata piccante – Stewed summer vegetable with hot and sweet peppers
Zucchini gratinate con erbe parmigiano con erbe e parmigiano – Baked zucchini with parmigiano and herb crust
Insalata fave al prosciutto – fava bean salad with prosciutto crudo
Food & drinks during the class
- A light snack is served at the beginning of the class
- After the dishes are prepared, we sit down and enjoy them together
- Wine and beer will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own wine – $15 corkage fee applies
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 3 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable.
About the instructor
Roberto Fracchione is an Italian-Canadian chef who grew up in Ontario’s Niagara region after his parents immigrated there from the northern region of Emilia-Romagna. He’s worked as executive chef at noted Toronto restaurants over the past few decades, including Flor de Sal, Monk Kitchen and The Corner House. Today he works as a freelance chef / consultant, a faculty member of Centennial College School of Culinary Arts, executive chef for the Italian Chamber of Commerce, and brand ambassador for the Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma.