- This event has passed.
Cooking Class: Seafood Antipasti (Appetizers)
June 13, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm$100
Seafood appetizers are a great addition to any summer party, from dinner events to cocktail gatherings. So it’s a great time to learn these classic Italian recipes, and some preparation techniques you can use for many other dishes!
You will be in good hands this evening with chef Stefano Agostini, our resident seafood expert, who is a trained chef from Vicenza, Veneto. Stefano’s family have been in the seafood business for three generations and he’s very passionate about sourcing the highest quality fish and seafood. He’s also a member of Slow Food Toronto because of his expertise on sustainability.
What you’ll learn
- 4 classic Italian seafood antipasti (appetizers)
- Techniques you can use for many other dishes
- Tips on buying, handling, storing and preparing fish and seafood
Recipes We’ll Make
- Cozze alla tarantina – Traditional dish from the southern region of Puglia: mussels cooked in white wine, tomato and herbs, served with rustic crostini
- Canestrelli gratinati ( Bay Scallops ) – A classic Venetian cicchetto – breaded, baked sea scallops, lightly herbed, elegantly served in their sea shells
- Calamari ripieni – Stuffed calamari
- Insalata di polipo alla siciliana – Sicilian-style octopus, a popular antipasto all over Italy, is refreshing, versatile dish made seafood, fresh vegetables, capers, olives, herbs and lemon
Food & Drinks During the Class
- A light, buffet style meal will be served at the start of the class
- Wine will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own – $15 corkage fee applies
$105 + HST & TICKETING
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 3 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable.