- This event has passed.
Cooking Class: Classic Italian Pasta Sauces – SOLD OUT
September 10 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm$105
Here’s your chance to perfect your technique at making some if Italy’s most famous pasta sauces, while spending a fun and relaxing evening with everybody’s favourite host, chef Massimo Bruno!
In this hands-on, interactive class, Massimo will guide the class through the process of making these 5 classics:
- Alla carbonara – the classic Roman dish, made egg yolk, guanciale and aged cheese
- Alla puttanesca – a staple neapolitan dish made with tomato, olives, capers, anchovy and peperoncino
- Ragù alla bolognese – often imitated, but rarely according to the original recipe; Massimo will show you how it’s done in Emilia Romagna
- Rapini – pasta con rapini is the most common dish from Puglia, Massimo’s home region. He will share the secrets to making such a simple dish taste so good!
During the class, Massimo will share many practical tips, including:
- What types of pasta pair best with these sauces
- How (and where) to choose the best ingredients
- Hacks and substitutions to suit your palate and budget
Massimo will make some focaccia to snack on during the meal and we’ll sit down for a meal at the end of the class. You’ll also take home a few jars of sauce to enjoy at home.
WINE / CORKAGE – a selection of Italian wine will be available for purchase. If you would like to bring your own wine there is $15 corkage fee.
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 3 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable