- This event has passed.
Baking Class: Zeppole, Bigne & Eclairs – SOLD OUT
March 8 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$95
Stop into any Italian bakery in the month of March and you’ll find teeming displays of freshly baked zeppole di San Giuseppe, the traditional dessert of St Joseph’s Day (March 19) in Italy. It’s a holiday that celebrates the birthday of Jesus’ father and is also la festa di papa, Italian Father’s Day.
Zeppole are made from a pate a choux, a pastry invented by sixteenth century Italian baker Pantarelli and subsequently popularized in France. It’s the basis of many delicious traditional desserts like the ones we’ll be making in today’s class, hosted by certified baker Caterina Vitale!
What We’ll Bake
Zeppole di San Giuseppe – Pate a choux stuffed with crema pasticcera, typically topped with amarena cherry and a dusting of icing sugar
Profiteroles – Mini bignè with chantilly cream and chocolate
Eclairs – Long pate a choux pastries with diplomat cream and chocolate
At the end of the class we’ll package up your baking to take home to enjoy with family and friends!
Snacks and Wine
- A light snack will be served during the class (buffet style)
- Complimentary espresso will also be served
- Wine will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own – $15 corkage fee applies
About Caterina Vitale
Born and raised in Canada, but with deep family roots in the southern Italian region of Calabria, Caterina is passionate about maintaining family traditions, especially in the kitchen. She has more than 25 years’ experience in the baking industry, and certification as a Master Cake Decorator, specializing in both traditional Italian desserts and custom designed cakes. She is the owner of the boutique online bakery, Charme & Clique.
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.