- This event has passed.
POSTPONED – Baking Class: Tiramisù and Panna Cotta
March 28 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$95
Learn to make two of Italy’s favourite desserts in one great baking class!
These dishes are as popular today as ever because they’re simple, delicious and extremely versatile – there are countless variations of tiramisù (lemon, chocolate, strawberry, pistacchio, etc.) and infinite toppings you can add to panna cotta. So by learning these basic techniques you’ll be able to make many delicious desserts!
At the end of the class we’ll package up your desserts to take home to enjoy with family and friends!
What We’ll Bake
Tiramisù Classico – the original recipe, made with savoiardi, mascarpone, fresh eggs, espresso and a touch of Marsala wine.
Tiramisù al Limone – a lighter variation, popular in Italy in spring and summertime, flavoured with lemon zest and limoncello
Panna Cotta – literally meaning “cooked cream”, panna cotta is simple to prepare and gluten free – quite possibly the perfect dessert! Caterina will show you how to prepare it and provide tips for the perfect toppings.
Snacks and Wine
- A light snack will be served during the class (buffet style)
- Complimentary espresso will also be served
- Wine will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own – $15 corkage fee applies
About Caterina Vitale
Born and raised in Canada, but with deep family roots in the southern Italian region of Calabria, Caterina is passionate about maintaining family traditions, especially in the kitchen. She has more than 25 years’ experience in the baking industry, and certification as a Master Cake Decorator, specializing in both traditional Italian desserts and custom designed cakes. She is the owner of the boutique online bakery, Charme & Clique.
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.
Image credit: Galbani
Image Credit: Cookist