POSTPONED – Baking Class: Italian Easter Desserts
April 4 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$95
Join Anna Sottile for a fun, informative, hands-on baking class, where we’ll make some of Italy’s best-loved Easter sweets!
Probably the most iconic Easter confection is the delectably fragrant pastiera, a Neapolitan crostata that traditionally takes up to three days to prepare! Luckily there’s a way to shorten the process so we can make it from scratch during the class, and take some home to enjoy the next day – when the flavours have settled and the pastiera tastes even better.
Anna will also show you how to make a traditional Easter sweet bread and a lemon-flavoured biscotto that’s a Sottile family favourite this time of year.
Recipes We’ll Make During the Class
Pastiera – A creamy, aromatic crostata (pie) made with slow-cooked wheat berry, ricotta, eggs, sugar, spices, and scents, and (optional) candied fruit
Cuculi – Typical Southern Italian Easter sweet bread interwoven with decorated hardboiled eggs
Anginetti – Traditional “lemon twist” cookies
Snacks and Wine
- A light snack will be served during the class (buffet style)
- Complimentary espresso will also be served
- Wine will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own – $15 corkage fee applies
About the instructor
Anna Sottile is the owner / founder of Italy at Home, a gourmet Italian shop specializing in home-made, traditional confections (“Nonna cookies”) and artisanal Italian products: olive oils, preserves, pastas, chocolates, panettone and much more. Italy at Home specializes in beautifully crafted gift arrangements so it’s a great place to visit throughout the year for all your gifting needs!
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 5 days prior to the event.