- This event has passed.
Baking Class: Classic Summer Desserts – SOLD OUT
July 7, 2019 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm$85
From semifreddo to panna cotta, there are many delicious dolci al cucchiaio (“spoon desserts”) in Italian baking. Tonight we’ll focus on some refreshing summer versions of these recipes that are perfect for entertaining this time of year!
Your instructor for the evening is Lorena Sciarretta, a talented life-long baker who grew up in the southern region of Molise before immigrating to Canada in 2013. Lorena is the founder of Bake It Up Toronto, a popular group of Toronto baking enthusiasts.
Recipes We’ll Make During the Class
Cannolata – A deconstructed, individual cup-sized version of Sicily’s favourite dessert: cannoli
Fragole al balsamico con crema al mascarpone – Mascarpone-based mousse, topped with strawberries and balsamic reduction
Tiramisù al limoncello – A fresh, citrusy take on classic tiramisù made with lemon zest and Italian Limoncello liqueur
Snacks and beverages
- Light snacks and coffee (espresso) will be served during the class
- Wine will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own – $15 corkage fee applies
$85 + HST & TICKETING
- We do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 3 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable