Baking Class: Classic Christmas Desserts
December 8 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$90
Hosted by certified baker Caterina Vitale, today’s hands-on class is all about those iconic desserts you’ll find on any Italian sweet table during the Christmas season. We’ll make each one from scratch during the class, and the when it’s done you’ll take home a batch to enjoy at home, and some great recipes you can recreate at home this holiday season.
Recipes We’ll Make During the Class
Struffoli – Crunchy on the outside, soft inside, these orange-and-honey tinged confections originated in Naples. Today they are popular all over Southern Italy.
Panforte di Siena – Tuscany ‘smost famous Christmas dessert, dense, chewy and aromatic. Traditional panforte is made with cocoa, almonds, candied fruit and spices
Pitta m’pigliata – A traditional Calabrian dessert made with nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon and citrus flavours.
Snacks and Wine
- A light snack will be served during the class (buffet style)
- Wine will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own – $15 corkage fee applies
About Caterina Vitale
Born and raised in Canada, but with deep family roots in the southern Italian region of Calabria, Caterina is passionate about maintaining family traditions, especially in the kitchen. She has more than 25 years’ experience in the baking industry, and certification as a Master Cake Decorator, specializing in both traditional Italian desserts and custom designed cakes. She is the owner of the boutique online bakery, Charme & Clique.
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 3 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable