- This event has passed.
Baking Class: Classic Biscotti with Anna Sottile
November 3 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$90
In Italian the word “biscotto” refers to any type of cookie, though it’s literal translation means “twice baked.” And indeed it’s these twice-baked, sliced biscotti that have become very popular in recent years, across Italy and in coffee shops all over the world.
In today’s hands-on baking class Anna Sottile will show you hot to make three of her favourite recipes.
Recipes we’ll make during the class
Mandorle e anice – A classic Southern Italian pairing of almond and anise
Cioccolato – Chocolate, with or without nuts (you can make either)
Frutta secca – Dried fruits like cranberries and raisins. We’ll make a simple dough and you can add the ones you like best
Snacks & Wine
- Light, buffet style snacks are served during classes
- Wine will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own – $15 corkage fee applies
About the instructor
Anna Sottile is the owner / founder of Italy at Home, a gourmet Italian shop specializing in home-made, traditional confections (“Nonna cookies”) and artisanal Italian products: olive oils, preserves, pastas, chocolates, panettone and much more. Italy at Home specializes in beautifully crafted arrangements so it’s a great place to shop throughout the year for all your gifting needs!
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 3 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable.