Wednesday, 3 April 2019, 6:30–10:00 PM | $100 + Taxes
Join chef Agostini for this small, hands-on, interactive cooking class!
Pasta might be the stereotypical Italian dish, but in many Italian regions risotto and polenta are actually more common.
One such place is Vicenza, where chef Stefano Agostini grew up. In the Agostini household risotto was the daily dish, often cooked with seafood because fish mongering has been the family business for generations.
Polenta is also very common in the area – eaten as a creamy porridge with a ragu sauce, or baked (or grilled) and eaten as a kind of focaccia.
Stefano is excited to share the secrets for making perfect risotto and polenta!
What you will learn:
- Traditional methods for preparing risotto and polenta
- Tips for buying, storing and cooking with seafood
- Cooking with seasonal vegetables
Risotto ai frutti di mare
Risotto agli asparagi
Polenta al ragù (polenta with meat sauce)
Polenta al forno
WINE / CORKAGE – a selection of Italian wine & beer will be available for purchase. If you would like to bring your own wine there is $15 corkage fee.
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 3 days prior to the event.
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable.