Tuesday, 19 March 2019, 6:00–9:30 PM | $100 + Taxes
The next class in our “essentials” series is all about Italy’s favourite desserts. Every self-respecting Italian cook knows how to whip up a quick and delicious batch of these classic confections.
Join chef Massimo Bruno for a fun, hands-on class and take home a batch of delicious desserts to enjoy with family and friends!
Recipes We’ll Make
Sicilian cannoli – Crunchy and brittle on the outside, creamy and light with a hint of citrus inside, nothing beats homemade cannoli. And they’re easier to make than you think!
Torta della nonna – Affectionately known as grandmother’s cake, this custard-filled, lemon-scented pastry topped with crunchy pine nuts is one of Italy’s favourite desserts.
Olive oil cake – lighter, healthier and more versatile than butter-based cakes, a basic olive oil cake recipe is an Italian kitchen standard.
Panna Cotta – This classic dolce al cucchiao (“spooned dessert”), originally from Piedmont, is quick and simple to make, no baking required. And here’s a bonus – it’s gluten free!
Tiramisù – Every Italian chef has their take on Italy most famous dessert. Massimo’s “broken” tiramisù – playfully deconstructed and individual sized are always a hit.
Food & Drinks During the Class
- A light, buffet style meal will be served during the class
- Wine will be available for sale by the glass. Or you can bring your own – $15 corkage fee applies
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary needs – please contact us before booking
- No refunds after purchase. Exchanges permitted up to 3 days prior to the event
- Tickets to Cucinato events are transferable